6 Smart Tips for Smart Fleet Managers
Are you a fleet manager struggling to keep up with a perpetually evolving and changing scenario of your industry? Do you find it hard to ramp up your profit tally while keeping your drivers happy and satisfied? Well, you are not the only one in the queue.
We understand it can be an arduous task to run the truck fleet, be it large or small-sized. But now is the time to get a grip on your work.
Go on and read the article to know 6 tips that can extricate you from the pain. Practicing the following will support your efforts and bring more revenue, of course!
- Rotate the vehicles: Drivers have their favorite set of trucks that they prefer picking. This might seem harmless for a non-industry expert, however being a fleet manager, you must be aware of the significance of rotating the vehicles so that they wear and tear equally (well, close to equal).
- Establish rules, procedures, and policies: We are sure you must have a list of these rules and policies, but there is a need to update and amend the list regularly. Ensure the workflow is systemized while centrally regulated.
Some of the suggested checkpoints are;
- Cost record
- Vehicle allotment system
- Vehicle maintenance system
- License validation/ expiration check
- Drivers’ satisfaction index 3.Cost management: Looking after the expense on the functioning and maintenance of everything right from the vehicles to drivers' health and safety is intimidating if you are not thorough with your homework. Well, saving on the fuel is not really in our hands owing to the rising rates; however, pocketing some money from saving on regular replacement and dry cleaning of the truck bed sleeping mattresses is possible. Invest in Kogler's antimicrobial and anti-odour flippable mattresses made in the USA. You do not have to replace them every time you hire a new driver as they do not absorb odor from smoke and cooking, plus they are anti-mold and anti-mildew. 4.Utilize the best GPS technology to track the live location of the vehicles: streamline your working architecture by installing GPS trackers in all the vehicles and enjoy the live update about their location, weather conditions, and traffic congestions. Another plus point is that the geo-fence alerts will keep them safe from theft. Inlay man's language, geo-fence alerts is an imaginary circumference beyond which the system rushes alerts on every entry and exit 5.Regular vehicle check-ups: Just as they say- prevention is better than cure. Get all the trucks to undergo frequent and mandatory preventive maintenance to save yourself from spending a hefty sum at the time of massive machinery failures. Remember that major repairs can disturb your accounts significantly 6.Retain drivers for the long term: Maintaining an old set of drivers will keep the procedures more structured and aligned. You would not have to waste your time, efforts, and monetary resources in training new crew members. One of the major reasons why drivers quit is due to the lack of proper sleeping conditions. Do you know, as per a surveillance report, over 84% of truck and transportation companies have heard complaints from the drivers about the truck bed mattresses being too lumpy or stiff? So, it is always wise to invest in a comfortable truck mattress for the retention of the drivers; remember, their satisfaction should be your priority.
In a nutshell
To wrap it up, it can be surmised that if you are intended to bring a smile to your staff's face while ensuring a perpetually growing profit figure, you must implement a feasible and practical structure. Moreover, it is your responsibility to corroborate the health and comfort of your drivers; after all, they are your most substantial asset.
To bring them the comfort of good sleep and odorless cabins, replace your usual mattress with Kogler’s antimicrobial and anti-odor flippable mattresses. They are resistant to stains and can be cleaned by simply wiping them off with a simple disinfectant and water. To purchase the CertiPUR certified mattresses, all you need to do is go to the Kogler official website and place the order with some clicks and swipes only..!!