The Best Apps to Find Cheap Fuel
No matter if you are an owner operator or a truck company, you certainly want to save money on fuel. In fact, fuel is the largest expense for a trucker: according to industry insiders, truckers spend an average of $70,000 on fuel yearly.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to reduce your vehicle expenses. One strategy is to use apps to find cheap fuel stations near you to ensure you get the best price.
Ready to download them? Here are our favourite ones:
GasBuddy is one of the most popular gas apps around. According to the app, users have saved more than $2.9 billion in fuel costs over the last 15 years. It's free and available for both iOS and Android.
Gas Buddy helps you save money on fuel, thanks also to a number of features:
- Find Cheap Gas. Search by city, state, or brand to find real-time gas prices. You can enable your location to find the best gas prices near you.
- Plan Trips. The Trip Cost Calculator feature lets you estimate the cost of road trips or your regular driving routine. Use this feature with live gas prices to ensure you refuel at the cheapest gas station.
- Monitor Fuel Usage. Use the Fuel Logbook to track gas consumption and monitor overall fuel efficiency.
Although being more known for avoid traffic and roadside hazards, Waze is also useful for finding cheap gas stations along your route. The App highlights nearby gas stations and their prices, making it easy to pick a winner.
Waze users provide local prices, so it’s important to monitor accuracy over time.
Available for free on iOS and Android.
Gas Guru is another popular app for Android and iOS that helps you find cheap gas stations. You can:
- Find cheap fuel. Search by fuel type, distance and brand.
- Search Station Amenities. Add amenities like ATM access, cash discounts, 24-hour access, and other services to your searches.
- Save Favorites. Save your favorite gas stations alongside other Yellow Page favorites.
By far, the best feature is being able to compare gas prices between locations you save within the app.
These are 3 of the best Apps we've found that can help you save money on fuel.
And don't forget that - alongside with saving on gas - having a good night's sleep whilst on the road is just as important. Check out what Kogler has to offer!